March 21, 2014

Poetry

Polish- words
to keep us high
Map-up -Letters
to keep us going
Joy- proper
Into the wisdom- write
Fun frolic-frock
Fly's throw the arc
Making a base
for the Maze- dream
to make a garland- Poem
to sweep-Streets.

Bjorn, our host at dVerse Meeting the Bar has introduced us to the concept of kennings. 

Bjorn, ‘a kenning is a very brief metaphoric phrase or compound word and it means “to know”‘. It comes originally from Icelandic, but also exists in other languages such as Swedish and German. 

With your briefing I have done this poetry, my first attempt on Kennings so if something is not right feel free to write on the comment.

10 comments :

  1. ha. you used the kennings quite well...and a plethora of them......it gives a nice flow to your words...and the last 3 lines i think are def my favs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some poems do evoke garlands indeed! And I hope they impact people in some ways and 'sweep-streets'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lasha, you worked your words well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like where this took you and as Brian writes, the last 3 lines are special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice... i liked the garland- Poem esp... makes them look like garlands indeed when we string the words together like that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah. this is very well done.. you have worked well on the tension between words to create strong kennings...I wish I could write garland-verse myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done! loved that you used lots of kens and it still flowed nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kenning, and done so well. Great set and nice flow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really good use of kennings. The last 3 lines are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely poem. You are a gifted writer. I just subscribed to follow your blog by email and joined as follower. I hope to see more of your work.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Visiting me.... I am very Honored by your presence.... Sorry If I haven't replied to you.... Will surely visit your page and share my Thoughts.....

HAVE A GREAT DAY MY PALS............... ;)

My Blog List

Total Pageviews