December 13, 2013

Selfish Times

Created for a purpose
I land as an innocent Girl
Grown under the care
Mom and dad best in their charm

Grow up teen world was different
Classes to go, Challenge to meet
Passion for Future 
Clashed with body desire

Closed the Eyes 
choose to live a life
First was life and career in mind
Became an outstanding student of time

Money flowed in
Desire raised high
In 23 it was time 
For me to make my mind

There came a man
From the old times
Well he was all mine
Was all made me blind

He was smart
took everything from heart 
His aim was my body parts
Not the Comment at all

Lived life,Helping others who disguised
Never came to my mind
Make selfish decisions.........
Long gone those times.

Now I live for thee mine
My family is what stays in time
Never Go by the people 
WHO come and go by............

d’Verse Poets :Meeting the Bar ~ Hearth, Home and Common Speech

5 comments :

  1. ah. we can def become selfish over time...and in that forget about what is really important in like...family though is def there and important...and we cant turn our back on them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poems like this is where the common language shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social mores like to tell us NOT to be selfish. I suppose people with siblings are told not to be selfish. I don't remember telling my kids not to - wouldn't have done a bit of good, they took care of themselves. Being selfish can in the best of ways mean being good to yourself, taking care of yourself first. Just like in the airplane - put on your oxygen mask first and then others, because if you can't breathe you can't help them breathe. And you're right after you family and after that you can decide how much more you can offer - for some it's a lot, for others not so much - we're all made different. I have a friend who is a volunteer who seemingly gives all the time to others, she told me she can only do it because she takes care of herself first. So kudos to you on poem and philosophy. I believe both are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. selfishness is sometimes to care about others too... Love the progression in this poem.. like a story that needs to be told

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to keep yourself in the view. opens a lot of perceptions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Visiting me.... I am very Honored by your presence.... Sorry If I haven't replied to you.... Will surely visit your page and share my Thoughts.....

HAVE A GREAT DAY MY PALS............... ;)

My Blog List

Total Pageviews